Christian, have you heard? We each have a ministry, praise God!
Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation.
If your church is not yet involved in Christ’s work within the prisons reconciling men and women to God, we urge you to consider Christ’s call to visit the sick and in prison. Remember, Jesus came to seek and to save those who are lost and without hope.
I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.
Begin A Christian Pen Pal Church Ministry to Prisoners
Follow these seven easy steps:
1. Talk with your pastor about Christian Pen Pals ministry and how the program works for your church to begin a prison ministry through correspondence. The pastors approval and support is needed.
2. Determine who will be the director, usually the person who was first lead to do the pen pal ministry. Someone who is able to be in contact with CPP, by email if possible.
3.Your group can use the name Christian Pen Pals or make up your own ministry name. All members will use your one address for the ministry. This way, members can use only a first name if they choose.
4. Presenting the idea to your congregation is important and you will want to be persuasive. We have tools to help: testimonials, our newsletters, and the CPP brochures. Also ideas and sharing from other church ministries.
5. After people join the ministry, meet together and decide how many inmates, if you have any preferences such as age or location. This is a good time to share the vision of making a difference in the lives of the lonely men and women in prison.
6. Director will contact CPP and let us know which inmates the group will minister to to begin with. A copy of each inmate’s form or letter will be mailed to the director. More inmates can be requested at any time.
7. Director will assign appropriate inmate pen pals to each of the members as soon as the inmate forms are received along with instructions for writing and our helpful guidelines.
PLEASE CONTACT Jesse & Beth for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org
DON’T MISS the BLESSINGS!!!!!